Flanken Ribs with Bulgogi Sauce
Flanken ribs with bulgogi sauce is a quick way to enjoy Korean BBQ at home. If you love beef bulgogi, make this flanken short ribs recipe!
- 1 scallion green part only, thinly sliced
Add all marinade ingredients to a blender and purée until smooth.
Place short ribs into a bowl or zip top plastic bag and pour the marinade over. Cover or seal the top and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight (12 hours tops).
Heat gas, charcoal or pellet grill to 350°F. (See Note 1 for other cooking options)
Shake excess marinade from short ribs and place on grill grates. Grill on first side for 4 minutes, then flip ribs over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. The edges will caramelize and become crispy.
Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes, then cut thin slices across the grain. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve over steamed rice.
Other cooking options -
No matter which cooking method you use, the cook time for flanken ribs is the same; 3-4 minutes per side.
- On a gas, charcoal or pellet grill, cook the ribs at 350°F
- For a smoker, set the temperature to 400°F
- An oven broiler only has one setting
- Stovetop - Use high heat and a cast iron grill pan or skillet. Allow pan to get searing hot before adding the ribs
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 1706mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 159IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 4mg