Thai Red Curry Chicken
Make Thai red curry chicken in less than 40 minutes! One bowl gives you your protein, vegetables, and carbs all in one red hot, spicy meal.
- 2 cups yellow potato peeled and cubed
- 1 lb chicken thigh or breast meat sliced thin
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup Thai Red Curry Paste
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (optional, See Note 1)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 red fresno chile or jalapeño sliced (See Note 2)
- 2 cups mixed bell peppers sliced thin strips
- 1 tablespoon mint (See Note 3)
- 1 tbsp Thai basil (See Note 3)
Cook potato in salted boiling water until fork tender (about 10 minutes). Drain and set aside, covered.
In a wok or large skillet over medium heat add the oil and curry paste. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
Add the chicken and cook for another 6 minutes.
Add the fish sauce, peanut butter, sugar, kaffir lime leaves, chili, coconut milk and stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
Add sliced bell peppers, cooked potato cubes and cook another 3 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Sauce should thicken and reduce.
Sprinkle chopped mint and basil on top. Serve with steamed rice and sliced limes to squeeze on top.
- Thai basil and Kaffir limes leaves can be found in most Asian markets in the vegetable section. Kaffir limes leaves give off a wonderful floral, lime type aroma and flavor. A teaspoon of lime zest can be a substitute.
- The fresno chile looks like a red jalapeño pepper. For the heat a substitute can be a regular jalapeño or go HOT with a Birds Eye Chile.
- This uses fresh Thai basil, but regular basil may be substituted if you can't find.
Sodium: 909mg | Calcium: 72mg | Vitamin C: 86mg | Vitamin A: 5796IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 5g | Potassium: 910mg | Cholesterol: 48mg | Calories: 343kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Fat: 18g | Protein: 23g | Carbohydrates: 25g | Iron: 3mg