Moo Shu Pork
Moo Shu Pork has stir fried tender marinated pork strips with julienned vegetables and egg all wrapped in a warm pancake with hoisin sauce. Made in less than 40 minutes!
Pork / Marinade
- 8 ounces pork julienned thin strips (See Note 1)
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce (or soy sauce)
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 ounce dried rehydrated black wood ear fungus (or 8 shitake mushrooms)
- 20 dried rehydrated lily buds (optional)
- 2 cups green cabbage cut thin
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 4 green onions cut 45° slices
- 1 cucumber halved and cut 45° slices (optional)
- 3 eggs beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 moo shu pancakes
- ½ cup hoisin sauce (8 tablespoons, 1 per pancake)
- cilantro leaves (optional)
Rehydrate the wood ears or mushrooms by submerging in hot water for 10 minutes. Whisk together the Sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aide.
In a bowl add the julienned pork and then add Marinade ingredients. Use you hands or spatula and toss pork in marinade. Set aside.
Cut your wood ears or mushrooms and cabbage into thin strips. Add to a bowl with carrot, green onions and cucumber (if using). Set aside.
Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Set aside.
Set your wok over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the 1 tablespoon oil and swirl around to coat wok. Add the beaten eggs and swirl to coat bottom of wok, cook 1 minute. Carefully using a spatula, try and flip it over and cook another minute. Remove from wok and cut into thin strips. Set aide.
Set your wok over high heat for 1 minutes and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat bottom of wok again. Add the pork and cook until pork is no longer pink and turns white (2-3 minutes). Remove from wok and set aside. Add all the vegetables and stir fry for 8 minutes.
Stir the Sauce and pour the mixture over the vegetables and add the pork and eggs back to the wok. Stir for 2 minutes for sauce to thicken and coat all.
- I use a lean 4 ounce piece of pork, either pork loin, pork tenderloin, a boneless pork chop.
Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 1391mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 5739IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 4mg