Ginger Sauce (Japanese Steakhouse)
Ginger Sauce has a fantastic umami flavor that pairs well with meat, vegetables, and rice. Use this dressing to stir fry, dip, or mariate!
- 1 large yellow onion quartered
- ¼ cup fresh ginger peeled (See Note 1)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon zest and juice (3-4 tbsp)
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
Process all ingredients until smooth in blender or food processor.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed - add a ½ teaspoon brown sugar (optional).
Makes about 2 ½ cups. Store in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
Great as a marinade, use in rice dishes or as a dip for grilled shrimp, meat and steamed vegetables.
- A piece measuring about 4 inches will weigh 1 ounce (28gm) and measure about ¼ cup when sliced.
- Nutritional information based on 2 tablespoon per serving.
Sodium: 541mg | Calcium: 5mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 1IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 38mg | Calories: 11kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 2g | Iron: 1mg