Asian Pulled Pork Sliders
Asian Pulled Pork sliders are a next-level sandwich made with juicy, tender pork, a zesty slaw, and a dab of peanut butter.
- 3 lb pork shoulder boneless
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice powder
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon black bean paste
- ¼ cup apple butter (or substitute applesauce)
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 Brioche rolls (See Note 1)
- 8 tablespoon peanut butter 1 tablespoon for each slider
- 10 oz carrot cabbage slaw mix shredded
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
In a small bowl whisk together the kosher salt, white pepper and Chinese Five Spice. Rub all over pork shoulder, pressing to adhere.
In Instant Pot or Dutch oven, heat oil and pan sear on all sides for several minutes until browned. Transfer to IP (if browned in skillet) that has been sprayed with cooking spray or oil.
In a food processor or blender purée sauce ingredients.
Pour sauce over browned pork in Instant Pot. Press the Pressure Cook/Manual Button (or use dial) and then the +/ - button and choose 1 hour. After the cooking time, allow for 15 minute rest before releasing pressure. If using a Slow Cooker, set to Low for 6 hours. Shred the pork in the sauce.
Mix the mayonnaise and vinegar in a medium bowl. Add the cabbage slaw mix and toss to coat. Set aside.
Toast the brioche roll and spread one tablespoon of peanut butter on each bottom side. Place pulled pork on top of bottom roll, top with cabbage salad and cilantro. Top with other pretzel roll and serve.
- Feel free to use whatever bread roll you like in substituting for the brioche roll if unavailable.
Sodium: 520mg | Calcium: 46mg | Vitamin C: 16mg | Vitamin A: 1586IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 615mg | Cholesterol: 70mg | Calories: 302kcal | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 16g | Protein: 26g | Carbohydrates: 14g | Iron: 2mg