Jeyuk Bokkeum (Pork Stir Fry Recipe)
Jeyuk bokkeum is spicy Korean pork, veggies and peanuts in feisty gochujang sauce. Make this pork stir fry recipe for a tasty 20-min. meal!
- ¼ cup plum jam See Note 1
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup gochujang paste
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce low sodium, if desired
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
Pork Stir Fry
- 1.5 lb boneless pork loin chops cut into ¼” strips (See Note 2)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low sodium, if desired
- 6 green onions sliced on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots julienned into strips
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
To a medium sized bowl, add plum jam, hoisin, gochujang, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. In a separate small cup or dish, mix together the vinegar and cornstarch to make a slurry, then whisk it into the jam mixture. Set aside.
Over high heat, add oil to the wok or skillet and wait a minute for it to get hot. Add pork and toss to cook, stirring to quickly brown on all sides.
Add the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender.
Add the stir fry sauce and peanuts; Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring frequently, as sauce will thicken.
Serve as is, or over steamed jasmine rice. Garnish with more peanuts and sliced green onions if desired.
- I use Smucker’s red plum jam.
- Any cut of boneless pork may be substituted for boneless pork loin chops, such as pork tenderloin or pork shoulder. Or, feel free to use pork belly if you'd like.
Sodium: 1811mg | Calcium: 70mg | Vitamin C: 10mg | Vitamin A: 5277IU | Sugar: 33g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 1050mg | Cholesterol: 113mg | Calories: 580kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 16g | Protein: 47g | Carbohydrates: 60g | Iron: 3mg