Japanese Sunomono Salad
My Japanese sunomono salad is a refreshing dish featuring crisp cucumbers and succulent shrimp tossed in a vinegary, spicy-sweet dressing.
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp deveined, shells and tails removed
- 2 Japanese cucumbers sliced thinly (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly diced
In a small bowl ,whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce (optional), salt, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and mint. Stir in the garlic and chile and set aside.
To a medium sized bowl, add cooked shrimp, sliced cucumbers, cilantro, green onion and bell pepper. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Serve with more cilantro and or mint leaves with sesame seeds sprinkled on top. Refrigerate covered if not eating right away.
- If unable to find Japanese cucumbers, use a seedless variety with very thin skin, such as English or Persian cucumbers.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 1180mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 848IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 1mg